Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Brothers

Have I mentioned that I have the coolest brother around?

I mean seriously folks. He rocks.

I think we take our siblings for granted or in some cases write them off for being neurotic and annoying (not mentioning any names). Or in my husband's case, his sister is invisible - even when she is in the room.

But my brother is the best. He has never failed to help me when I've needed it.

I can't count the times my baby brother has come to my rescue when my car broke down 60 miles from home, household maintenance (both when I was single and now when we're too old to be climbing on roofs), or standing beside me when I had to face down my ex-husband. They don't make them any better than Rich.

He rocked this weekend by helping us move some stuff in the new house, rip up old carpet and lay down new wood floors. And he brought friends.

It bothers me that I am not able help him as much as he helps me. I try, but he is pretty self-sufficient now.

I am seven years his senior so when he was a teenager, I would let him and his friends stay at my house and yes, drink. I always felt it was safer that they were there and not driving. I also learned most of my drinking games from them.

When he was single and in his 20's - I would go Christmas shopping with him. He didn't know what to get people and how cool is it to shop with someone else's money (plus pick out your own gift).

On birthdays I would tell him what I was thinking about for mom or dad from us and he would just ask "how much do I owe you"? He would much rather just give somebody money and not have to shop.

The best thing about him that has never changed is when you are talking on the phone - he never (never ever ever) hangs ups without saying "luv u". And he always says it first no matter how hard I try to beat him to it.

Luv u Rich.

4 comments:

Dott Comments said...

Pictures. We need new house pictures. Stop ripping up carpet and take pictures.

Melody said...

Camera? Hmmm...where did I pack the camera?

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Thank you for your comment about my stalker, that guy is the reason I had to start moderating my comments.

and I've been waiting for the new house photos too! I can't wait to see how it looks.

MysteryGirl said...

How about cooking for him? But then again, I'm sure you have already done that. I wish I had a brother like yours. Mine doesn't even try to visit me when he travels 3000 miles across the country and we're in the same town.