Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gadget Queen

I'm not in denial about liking gadgets in my kitchen. I have quite a variety of serving and preparation pieces that serve both multiple and singular purposes.

However I never realized just how many I had until my mother and a friend were unpacking some boxes in my kitchen this weekend. I was in and out of the room but on every trip I heard "what is this?"

The answers to those many questions were:
  • garlic peeler
  • taco bowl fryer
  • culinary torch
  • whipped cream whipper canister
  • ravioli cutter
  • circular skewers

Little do they know that in the mail today I am expecting a new food processor, rice cooker, and deep fryer. (hee hee)

We cashed in our change that has been accumulating for the past seven years - affectionately referred to as "Murphy's college fund". Since Murphy is almost 90 years old in human years, we figured he wouldn't be using it.

We took the change to a CoinStar machine where we unrolled $221.00 worth of grimey change. (Man were my hands filthy.)

If you get cash, they charge. If you take your loot in gift cards, they don't. So we walked away with an empty money bag and an Amazon gift certificate.

Many people think only of books or music at Amazon, but you can literally get anything. Seriously...

After all that my kitchen mini-appliance shopping spree seems mild.

1 comment:

MysteryGirl said...

Wow! I had no idea you could get gift cards from a coinstar. Come to think of it, I haven't even seen a coinstar in this state. But $221??? That is incredible! Excellent work!