Thursday, July 12, 2012

Caesar, Tulips and Vodka

From the mind of the genius or psychopath - depends on the day...

On this day in 100 B.C. – Julius Caesar was born in Rome. He did a whole bunch of stuff, and then he was stabbed to death by his friends on The Ides of March 44 B.C. The Ides of March is March the 15th. No one to this day knows why them call it the Ides of March, but I think it probably had something something to do with rain, since it rains a lot in March. I think Julius Caesar should be remembered because he crossed the Rubicon, which was slang for doing “it” with Cleopatra. (I’m channeling a fifth grader writing a book report).

I was at my family reunion last week in Western New York State, and my cousin Susie (my Aunt Nan’s daughter) remembered a joke I told my Aunt Nan when I was 4-5. “How did Tiny Tim die?” “He tripped over a tulip”. See, even as a small child I was a laugh riot! Well, Susie thought it was funny, but then she was drinking vodka from a 64 oz insulated Pepsi mug.

Thought for the day: A smile is a powerful weapon; you can even break ice with it. The same thing is true for an ice pick, but you can also murder people with it. I know which one I’d chose in a knife fight.

No comments: