Saturday, March 12, 2011

Recycled Food

I am not opposed to leftovers, but often I make them something other than the original dish. For instance, earlier this week I made a wonderful tomato saffron soup. We liked it, but it made so much that I knew we couldn't eat it all in just a cream soup form. So I had to put my culinary thinking cap on.

Yesterday, I was gifted with the most wonderful gift. A Le Creuset french oven - in orange! Thank you again, Becki.

That made me start thinking stew or vegetable soup. And the process began.



I had some tenderized round steak so I braised it in olive oil in my new pan. Wow. Who knew ceramic coating made that big of a difference? What great caramelization of the meat and it deglazed so good with a little wine and broth. Next I sauteed some leaks and carrots, and added some cubed yukon gold potatoes and a sprig of thyme. Then I put the meat back in and added the left over tomato saffron soup. I brought all that to a boil and then put it on simmer for about 3 hours.


O.M.G.

1 comment:

nejyerf said...

you know i love this just for the orangeness alone!