Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Food and Friends

Really, who could ask for more? Okay, maybe some wine.

The dinner party was a great success. I truly believe everyone had a great time and the food and wine was enjoyed by all.

However, like always, I get caught up in the fun and laughter, not to mention preparing the food, and forget to take photos. I swear one of these days I am going to hire a photographer for these events.

I did get a few shots before the festivities began.

These pineapple basil bites were scrumptious and simple. Fresh basil leaf and fresh pineapple skewered. Then drizzled with a sweet balsamic reduction. It was thick like syrup.

Perfect combination of sweet, herby and savory.

Remember way back when Jen from Calling Dr. Bombay sent me butter/sugar molds?

Well, I made basil garlic butter in the shapes of butterflies, flowers and leaves.

Let's all say it together - "aaaah".

That, my friends, is all the photos I took. I wish I had taken one of my dining table surrounded by my friends lifting their glasses to a toast, or one of the chinese spoons full of shrimp and avocado/corn salsa, or one of the unique wine bottles a guest brought full of delicious wine, or...you get the point.

It was a good evening and to quote one guest, "Every minute detail, every nuance, all of the planning and work...It reminds me of the level of magical experience exemplified by Disney."

Wow.

3 comments:

James said...

In addition to the comparison to Disney magic, I also said:

"... the creme brule was the best I've ever had in my life ... a simple dessert taken to another plane of existence ... like an art form, or a penultimate manifestation of decedent pleasure ..."

"I've just never experienced 'excellence' in the form of a dinner party before. Now I know what it is like - and you've established a new bar, and ruined casual dining for me, forever."

Melody said...

[gulp] the pressure is on...

Kim said...

Wow congrats! Wish I lived closer - I would invite myself over for dinner :)