Monday, June 01, 2009

Boo Boo

We had the vet come to the house recently because Cady had broke one of her dew claws at the base and it was inflamed and very sore to touch.

The vet had to pull the claw out.

Yes, it was as painful as it sounds - for both of us.
It took David and I both to hold her. The vet was able to do it fast and immediately she felt better, but oh she cried for those few seconds.

She recovered fast and 12 hours later the bandages were removed. Her claw will grow back fine.

But she milked the "poor poor me" routine well.

3 comments:

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

oh poor thing, and yes, she really is working that poor me look.

Melody said...

At first, she would stand next to me and lean on me like a crutch. When I would walk away, she would stand there with her paw raised like "I can't walk, carry me". Until the treats came out and then she was magically healed.

Kim said...

Oh poor puppy...she deserves extra treats.