Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Edible Word

Recently Stephanie over at Dispensing Happiness invited me to join a new Food/Book Club Blog that she is co-creating, called The Edible Word.

It sounded fun, exciting and right up my alley, so I humbly accepted.

And we're off!

The publisher of the first book has sent us copies to read prior to release date (I feel so special). The idea is to read the book (it is a book club after all), and then find/create a recipe for a dish that one of the characters has made in the book. Then blog about the book and dish.

Obviously the books are food-related fiction, i.e. Like Water for Chocolate.

Our first book/challenge is Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs. I received it yesterday and have read about 30 pages thus far.

Look for our review/food soon.

1 comment:

LisaRene said...

This is a great idea! Will look forward to your culinary creation as well as your book review!