Saturday, May 03, 2008

My Poor Filly

I chose the only filly running in the Kentucky Derby to win.

It is rare that a filly wins, but there was something about her that I liked. Maybe it was the fact that she was the only gal amongst 19 strong male thoroughbreds. Maybe it was the name (that is how I usually pick a horse). Or maybe it because she was so gorgeous.

She ran a good race, leading at first and holding a strong second to the end.

Unfortunately she then collapsed on the field.

Apparently she broke her front two legs and they euthanized her immediately.

Very sad.

1 comment:

MysteryGirl said...

I chose her too. I usually pick a horse by the way they look. She was dark and gorgeous. And I always pick the gal amongst the guys if possible. When she collapsed I immediately told Husband that was it. She gave it all she had. Sad beyond words.