Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wine Country - Here I Come

In June I am headed to San Jose for work. I will be there a little over a week. After that, I am going on up to Santa Rosa to visit with my husband's cousin, Larissa, for a few days.

There will be lots of wine and lots of good food. I am excited about the trip.



Larissa works for Gloria Ferrar winery as their Marketing/PR person and is also a sommelier who is currently studying to be a Wine Educator. In fact, by the time I get there, she will have taken her final test.

I am eager to learn from someone with her knowledge as well as benefit from her choices. We are going to do several wine tours and tastings at both larger vineyards and some small family ones. Not to mention the food experiences. Sonoma and Napa county have such amazing food and wine opportunities.

At the end of the trip I am also meeting Idiots Rule for dinner. I love the idea of meeting another blogger.

In fact, Paul from Wondering and his wife Julie are going to be in Louisville just before I leave for California and we are going to get together for coffee.

We really do live in a small world folks.

3 comments:

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I wish Santa Rosa was closer I'd like to meet up with you too! Can't wait for the blog posts about your meetings and travels.

nejyerf said...

tell me truthfully....are you singing "do you know the way to san jose" all the time?

Melody said...

fmm: Me too. I know San Jose is closer, but not by much.

nejyerf: Let me put it this way. There are approximately 650 people where I work. Probably 450 are going to San Jose. That phrae has been used in many, many meetings.