Friday, July 13, 2007

The Writing On The Wall

Another one bites the dust.

The front half bath is complete.

Before photos:
After photos:





Walls are Claire De Lune by Behr. The floor and ceiling were already oak (love it). We removed wallpaper, painted walls and trim, swapped out ugly lights for these beauties - one on each end wall.



Then as you can see we did something a little different with the other wall.

Chalkboard paint!


In our bathroom, graffiti is not only allowed - but encouraged!



And we provide the tools - so doodle away!

I say complete but is a room ever really complete?

I intend to swap out that wooden shelf with something more modern. It looks very 80s and country to me. I am looking for glass or stainless steel - something different. I'll know it when I see it.

Next room? Hmmm...well the master is almost complete. I am waiting on new lamps to arrive this week and then I'll take some photos. I still need a headboard, but again waiting to know exactly what I want.

It'll come to me someday - maybe in the shower, driving to work, flipping through a magazine - it always does.

5 comments:

mistylea said...

....and do you think they left the duck photo just special for you?!
Wow, I wish you would come decorate my house. It all looks beautiful!
Misty

Melody said...

LOL - Actually the photos was taken when we did the walk through with the inspector - they were still partially living there.

They left nothing - but dirt.

They had a rummage sale the last day and had everything - I mean everything on the sale.

I'm not sure which is sadder:

1)a dentist taking the time to have a rummage sale to earn a few bucks that he could have had more taken as a tax write-off had he donated it to Good Will OR

2)someone bought the duck poster?

MysteryGirl said...

Wow! What an amazing transformation! I just love it. The chalkboard idea is so cute.
It amazes me that a dentist was living there. I remember some of the other before pictures. Horrifying. I mistakenly thought that someone with dentist kind of money would have had a little classier digs. Then again, maybe I'm just an anti-dentite.

Melody said...

It gets worse. The wife - was an interior designer.

I don't get it either.

mistylea said...

Did she stop decorating in 1980? That would be about the right time frame I think. It will be a showplace when you are done. Beautiful so far. Can't wait to see more.