Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Calling All Foodies

Help!

Since we are on the food-theme this week, I am sending out an S.O.S.

I am hosting a small dinner party to celebrate some close friends pending adoption. It will be a small, casual affair with just six of us in attendance.

With just six, that allows me a little elbow room to be creative in both presentation and preparation. The main course will be rosemary lemon baked chicken, balsamic carrots, and a veggie - probably asparagus because they are so wonderful this time of year.

I want to present a trio of appetizers. One will be my parmesean prosciutto pinwheels made with puff pastry (yum), another will be stuffed mushrooms w/bacon and shallots and some panko bread crumbs....the third is where you all come in.


I want to serve something on chinese serving spoons. I love the presentation and with six folks it is easy to do and I don't need to go buy a couple dozen more. I have one dozen so that will be perfect. But what do I put on it?

I thought about a really decadent macaroni and cheese (gruyre, goat cheese, and/or mozzarella) with some butter and breadcrumbs placed on top and broiled. It would be rich, but you wouldn't have much.

I've thought about the soup thing, but I don't think it goes well with the others. If I decided to do soup, I would do shot glass shooters instead of one of the other appetizers (hmmmm, might need to revisit that). But which one do I axe then. I like the three different styles of appetizers - shooter of soup, spoon of something and a hands-on item.

Okay, I'll figure that part out. Either way, I still need something for the spoons.

I know not all of you cook, but you do party and you do go out to restaurants. Share some of your experiences with me so I can get some ideas. Think outside the box or in this case, the plate.

1 comment:

MysteryGirl said...

I wish I could help. I love to eat what other people cook. I fail miserably in the kitchen. I also love your idea of the Chinese soup spoons. However, I've never considered eating anything besides soup with them. Excellent idea!