Sunday, October 07, 2012

When I read

I don't know how it is for you, but when I read a book I am consumed. I will fore go nourishment, personal hygiene and sleep to read another chapter. Real life responsibilities disappear in my head and I pretend I live in a bubble where I can read and read and read until I have reached the end.

If I don't....I constantly thinking about the characters, the plot, the mystery, the drama. "Wonder if she will..." and "If that were me...."

I am so invested in the characters that if, on a small chance, I actually get some sleep, I dream about them.

The adrenaline and energy I feel internally (not externally, because then I would actually be productive) is like a drug. I need more. One more chapter, let me at least find out....

Audio books are even worse. They are great for traveling but I will sit in my car long after I have arrived somewhere to continue listening.

Audio books now days are almost like listening to a play. They aren't just read, they are performed, which of course just makes them even more addictive.

So there you have it, my name is Melody and I am book whore.

No comments: