Friday, April 22, 2011

Float On

We got more rain today and there is more planned for the next few days. I know it is spring, but geez - enough is enough.

I'm sure River Road will be closed on my way to work Monday. Heck, it is probably closed now.

I stopped at the post office on my way to work yesterday and one of the local residents was sharing a tale of Tuesday night's storm. Apparently some boats got loosened from the dock by the storm. They were apparently floating around the river on their own. He said they called the Coast Guard. It was at this point I realized we had a Coast Guard. I guess it makes sense, but I always think of actual coasts when I think of the Coast Guard.

Nice to know in case I ever have some water emergency or Maritime injury, we can call the Coast Guard in Louisville, Kentucky. Hee hee, that makes me laugh.

No comments: