Monday, February 07, 2011

Party Time

I wish I were getting married again. Don’t get me wrong, I am happily married, but I like the festivities and event planning portion of a grand party. That is probably why I like having dinner parties so much.

When I do dinner parties, I typically write the menu on the wall menu board I have in the dining room. I used to make printed menus for each place setting for family gatherings, but I haven’t done that in awhile.

As far as invitations for dinner parties, I usually do the email thing. But I have been leaning towards a printed invitation for the next one. Especially after I found this cool site – Pear Tree Greetings. They have everything from graduation cards, save the date cards to moving announcements.

Now I have visited many sites that offer cards, but their designs seem fresher, dare I say “more hip”. These party invites are cool and I may just have to seriously consider this next time.

Speaking of next time, I haven’t set a date but I am working on a menu. I think the pre-party planning, cooking, experimenting is almost as fun as the party itself.

Almost, there is nothing better than clinking glasses with friends.

No comments: