Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Peachy

Last year we planted a peach tree and a nectarine tree in our side yard. We were so pleased with the bountiful fruit that budded out on it - especially on its first year. However, I was shocked to discover the fruit missing every night more and more. We had a night bandit.

I figure it was either deer, raccoon or some other varmit who was eating my fruit. Some pieces were nibbled on and thrown on the ground, some were completely consumed. Picky thieves.

I think this year I may have to invest in a pellet gun and spend a few nights scaring off my thieves. I will only use a pellet gun because I live in town. If I was in the country, I'd be borrowing my brother's hunting gun loaded with tactical rifle scopes and whatever else it takes to eliminate my bandits.

Sorry Bambi. They are my peaches.