Thursday, January 13, 2011

Catching up on my story sharing

I have several funny posts that include my co-worker's weekly musings. I've been bad and haven't posted them as regular as I'd like. So get ready to overdose on humor.

On this day in 1973 – Richard Nixon insists that he is not a crook.
Not to be outdone, in 2010 Christine O’Donnel, who was running
for the U.S. Senate, declared that she was not a witch. I’m not a
political analyst (I don’t even play one on TV), but my thinking
is that if not being a crook or a witch is your big claim to fame,
you quite likely have serious public relation issues that could,
theoretically, hamper your chances in an election. So, just in case
you ever decide to run for public office, for heaven’s sake say
something positive about yourself. Think how much different it
would have sounded if Nixon had said, “I am a diligent receiver
of goods that were previously the material chattel of an
unrelated third party”, or if O’Donnell had said, “I am the high
priestess of the Coven of Amma of Garderian Wicca, holder of
the sacred chalice of Isis and athame of Osiris, thrower of the
runes of Brigid, and oracle of the Goddess Demeter”. They still
might not have been elected, but gee whiz, it would have been
a lot more funny.

No comments: