Thursday, November 04, 2010

What are you doing for the holidays?

They aren't that far away you know. Thanksgiving is three weeks away (seriously?) and Christmas is just seven weeks.

I won't even mention Christmas gifts. I haven't bought gift one and may not at all. There is just too much focus on stuff.

I am talking food. Are you hosting? Are you cooking? What's the plans?

I assume I am doing Thanksgiving like I do every year for my in-laws and there has been talk that Christmas will be mine this year as well since the inlaws' health, both mental and physical, isn't good.

I wish they would agree to non-traditional approaches. I'd like to make a soup buffet with homemade bread, or maybe something ethnic like Mexican food. Sigh. They are all about the turkey and stuffing and stuff.

No comments: