Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Cheaper to Live or Die

Have you ever researched how much money it will take to bury yourself or a loved one?

I know, morbid topic. But it is something we will all have to face at one point in time - preferably later than sooner.

When I helped Mom a few years ago with Grandma's funeral, I was just shocked at funeral costs and how they really play on your emotions at the time of planning. I'm all for pre-planning and making those decisions for yourself and saving your loved ones from that emotional turmoil.

Especially since we don't have kids so if we go together or whoever is last to go, will be dependent upon who to make those decisions? My sister? She wouldn't pay for anything. My brother? He'd do okay but I'd hate for him to have to.

Maybe we should see about some pre-planning soon.

Sorry for the topic. Moving along.

2 comments:

La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...

Bad Topic..haha