Friday, June 18, 2010

Different Perspective

I won't get into the details of the healthcare debate. I won't even pretend that I understand the details. I just know that those of us who have always had healthcare provided by our employers at very reasonable rates cannot possibly understand how it is to be without health insurance.

Not every one wants to be on Medicaid. Not every one qualifies for Medicaid. And not every employer provides it to their employees, regardless of the cost.

We personally pay taxes on schools that having no children means we won't utilize. We never go to the library (hello...internet) but some of our taxes go to subsidize those. Why not pay taxes for healthcare that personally...you and I...may never need to access?

Just go get an insurance quote for healthcare on your own and maybe that will put a different perspective on this issue.

No comments: