Monday, August 03, 2009

Whatever It Takes To Get Through The Day

While working at CVS yesterday, a lady came to the counter with three tall boy beers in cans. She asked if it was late enough to purchase them (you can't buy alcohol in KY on Sundays until after 1:00 pm).

I assured her it was.

She replied, "Thank God, I have to go to work today."

I said nothing as I was a bit in shock. I then noticed she had on a uniform from the same chain of convenience stores where my husband works at their headquarters.

I didn't mention this fact to her.

2 comments:

La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...

Why after 1pm? HA HA. You cant buy beer in the AM but after church you can buy it.
I have put wine in my shopping cart on Sunday and had to be reminded by the cashier.
Makes no sense to me.

Melody said...

Those are old laws. Used to be not at all on Sunday - only in the past few years is it after 1pm.

I was more worried about drinking and working.