Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prizes in my Pantry

There are a couple of things everyone has in their pantry that when they use it in a dish, they feel special.

I was reminded of this tonight when I was preparing our "starter" or salad for dinner. I was sauteing some asparagus tips to put with my butter lettuce, radishes, grapes and red onions. Instead of olive oil, I reached for my Brazil Nut oil to saute with and make the vinaigrette. It has a wonderfully nutty taste that is perfect for both applications.



I love this stuff. The only place I have been able to find it is ironically at our national convention every two years. There is a global marketplace where organic, fairly traded food and products are available.

I am glad I am heading to San Jose soon cause my bottle is getting low. Time to stock up on oil, chocolates, coffee as well as do a little early Christmas shopping.

4 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

That convention sounds just fabulous! I wanna go!

Melody said...

The convention itself is boring. The marketplace is fantastic. Do you know the way to San Jose?

MysteryGirl said...

WTH? I don't even know about this marketplace. Or maybe I do and I just don't realize it.

Melody said...

The marketplace is in the exhibit hall at our convention. Itis made up of fairly traded products from all around the world. Our World Mission and Hunger programs support their efforts. It is certainly the highlight of the event. Anyone is welcome in the exhibit hall if you want to visit.