Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Someone Is In The Kitchen With Dina

I don't know who Dina is and I'm certainly not playing the banjo, but I've been spending some quality time in the kitchen. Would you like to see?

Sweet Potato Hummus

French Onion Tart

Macademia Crusted Halibut

Mango Cream Sauce

(this stuff was like crack - I would put it on ice cream it was so good)


I served it with jasmine rice cooked in mango nectar and coconut milk (just like the cream sauce). Hmmmm.



Churros w/chocolate dipping sauce

5 comments:

mistylea said...

I have never had a Churro. Did you make those? Can I purchase them some where? It all looks yummy and make me think of warm tropical locations! Misty

Jess said...

Everything looks amazing and very tropical. I wish I could taste it!

Melody said...

mistylea: Churros are actually easy to make. Kind of messy but worth it. Here is a link to a good recipe:

http://www.xmission.com/~dderhak/recipe/churros.htm

I have a cake decorating pump thingy I got from Pampered Chef that works perfectly for these. I also add a little cinnamon to the chocolate and I think next time maybe a little Kahlua.

jess: It was really good. Sometimes things look better than they taste, but these were all spot on. Too bad I don't have smell-a-vision.

MysteryGirl said...

OMG. You are amazing. I wish I lived near you.

MysteryGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.