Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Headboard Heaven

I did it. I have a headboard.

Pictures? I'll work on that.

In the meantime just imagine this:

Walls - Fudge Bar Brown
Floor - Brandied Cherry
Furniture - Black, except for the chest at the end of the bed and it is white
Bedding - Light Cream
Rug - Cream colored faux bear rug at the foot of the bed/chest
Wall Shelves - One black and four white located on opposite walls

Headboard - Black and white shoji screen.

What do you think?

I went to the fabric store and purchased three different fabrics:

1) dark brown ribbed suede - this will be the cover for the chest and a few pillows.
2) chocolaty brown (same as walls) with a floral pattern of the same color just shiny - this will be pillows.
3) Light sea blue silk with sparsely located tiny little squares of shiny chocolate - this too will be pillows.

I really will take pictures but I'd like to have all the pillows done and everything perfect (ha ha) for two seconds before the dogs bound up the stairs and jump in the middle.

I am going to my mother's this weekend and she is the seamstress so it won't be long.

Next project: downstairs bath.

In here I will have to rip off ugly wallpaper, remove the medicine cabinet, replace lights and faucet, paint vanity and walls, and replace towel/toilet paper holder racks.

The lights and faucet will be nickel.
The towel rack, mirror, and toilet paper holder will all be black wrought iron.
I am painting the vanity black and a small table that goes in there is already black.
The floor is grey ceramic tile.

The walls? Asparagus green paint.

Has anyone noticed the trend in our paint colors?

Fudge Bar Brown in the bedroom
Roasted Pepper Red in the office
Asparagus Green in the bath

What I can say?

2 comments:

MysteryGirl said...

It sounds beautiful! I can't wait to see the pics!

Melody said...

Soon I promise.