Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Leftovers Rock

Besides the wonderful leftover macaroni and cheese leftovers, I also had some polenta leftover from the party.

Now I have some polenta squares leftover and those are targeted for dinner tonight with something wonderful on top of them (still undecided but prosciutto is rating high on the list). But I also had all the "negatives" of the round polentas I cut out for the party. So I made Polenta Scramble.

I found a recipe but didn't follow it exactly and after making it, would still change it a little - but it was great!

This is what I recommend:

One red bell pepper, sliced and diced
Two scallions, diced (greens too)
1 T. olive oil

Saute on med-high heat for just a minute, you want it to stay somewhat crunchy.

Add crumbled polenta (about 1" pieces max), a 1/2 teaspoon of oregano and cumin, and a handful of pine nuts.

Saute just until heated thoroughly (remember your polenta is already cooked).

Serve with fresh chopped parsley and shredded parmesean, romano, and/or asiago cheese.

Very, very good.

2 comments:

MysteryGirl said...

Keep up the good work with the recipes! I'm still not into cooking, but I do save them in a folder for future reference. Someday I hope to be motivated.

Melody said...

Trust me, I will go several weeks without doing much more than spaghetti with canned sauce and then get motivated again.

These next few weeks of packing, painting and moving will probably be just that or less.