Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm In Love!!!!

Where have you been all my life?

For those that don't know or do know or know and don't care, I love to cook. I love to experiment with new ingredients and best of all share my findings and masterpieces (subjective) with those in my life. I love to throw parties and kill myself cooking for days in preparation. I cook with ingredients I don't like all the time because I love to watch people enjoy what I make.

All this takes me to my latest discovery....goat cheese. I know, I know...it isn't new. But it is new to me!!!

I love cheese, but not strong cheese. I can take a little gorgonzola but that is about it for me. Sometimes swiss is too much. I am a cheese weenie - what can I say?

Therefore I have always avoided goat cheese expecting it to be like feta or bleu cheese.

Last night I had a wonderful salad at a new restaurant, Azalea. The restaurant isn't new, just new to me. Notice the theme?

OMG! This stuff is like cheesecake on salad. I have a new mission - any and all recipes with goat cheese. I think I will throw a goat cheese party - all dishes will contain goat cheese.

My first adventure: Sweet Potato Rosti with Goat Cheese. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: