Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Repurposing

I love how this latest project came out. I found these wooden shutters and they were worn but I liked the patina. I considered separating them and actually painting one and leaving the other as is, hang them vertically and put vintage door knobs for hooks.

Then I opened them up to clean them and was blown away with how great the wood looked on what was obviously the interior face. After a good cleaning with Liquid Gold, it was quite the beauty. I knew instantly it had to stay together and because it folded perfectly, it was going to be a shelf.

After adding vintage glass doorknobs and black brackets - voila!

I posted it on my Facebook photo album for my shop and went to leave to take them there when a friend/colleague claimed them before I even left. Apparently I need to find more shutters.




No comments: