Friday, September 30, 2011

Breakfast of Champions?



My husband doesn't like omelets, but he loves fritatas. What the hell is the difference? I think he is just being picky with the mission to drive me crazy. Nothing new.

So our breakfast started with thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes sauteing in the skillet with some olive oil. One layer of potatoes covering the bottom of the skillet.

Mix 6 eggs (I have eggs I need to use) with some 1/2-1/2, chopped basil, salt and pepper. When your potatoes have slightly browned edges, pour your eggs over the potatoes, sprinkle some shredded cheese (your choice, we used colby) over the eggs, lower your heat and cover for several minutes until the eggs are done to your liking. Me? Done. Dead. No wobbly gook.

Top with sliced tomatoes. I used our very last fresh tomato from the upside down hanging planter for the season. It was deep red and meaty.

Carefully slide/guide the fritata out of the skillet onto a plate.

Now is the time you decide whether to share or not. I won't judge you.

No comments: