Thursday, April 22, 2010

Insurance Disenchantment

I've blogged about how our car and house insurance rates went up dramatically with no warning or reason why. I wondered if it was a scheme to see if we would question it or just pay it without pushing back.

Before I started getting rates from other companies, my husband called and guess what? There was no reason, they reduced the rates back to what they were the first year. Can you believe it?

I appreciate the savings, but it really ticks me off that they were just randomly raising our rates to pay for their insurance advertising, corporate vacations, or Christmas bonuses.

3 comments:

James said...

You should research other insurance companies, get the best quote you can, then call your insurance company, tell them,

"Look, you tried to pull a fast one on me. I'm dropping you this minute unless you beat my lowest quote by 10%."

mistylea said...

We had a claim one year-the first one ever. Sure enough our premium went up when we got our renewal. Then about a week later I get an email from our agent telling me how our premium did not go up due to the claim but because there were so many claims over the year. (it was the year of the hurrican winds) Then why do I have to pay for someone else having a claim?

La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...

This happen to us as well in October when our policy ended and when Cody called them there was no reason and they lowered it by 40.00 dollars more a month.