Monday, March 15, 2010

And the winner of the Oscar is...

Our Oscar Party was so much fun. I only wish it wasn't held on Sunday night so people could party without regard of work or school the next day.

Our guests were greeted with a red carpet on the porch (red aisle runner) and simulated walk of fame stars.


I made it easy on myself food-wise so I could enjoy the party and the company. I served vegetable and fruit trays with respective dips, homemade caramel corn, sweet and sour meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, cheese ball and crackers, taco dip, marshmallow crispy treats (we're all kids at heart), and miniature cheesecakes with chocolate merlot sauce or triple berry sauce on top.


Of course there was plenty of wine, champagne and beer flowing. About 18 of our friends and neighbors helped us consume it all.


We played Oscar Acceptance Speech Bingo with a few winners of their choice of candy bar with a scratch lottery ticket attached. No big winners there, but there were plenty on television.


Maybe next year I will record the show and have the party the following Saturday? Not quite the same.

No comments: