Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Different Times

I went a baby shower a few weeks ago for my niece, thrown by my other niece - La Vita e Bella. It was nice and very well organized - good job kiddo.

But what struck me as a sign of the times we are living in was the party favors. Goody bags with antiseptic gel, wipes and purse size tissue packs. Great idea, but very indicative of the current state of affairs.

The CDC would be proud and as a member of our own Pandemic Emergency Team at work, I thought it was very appropriate.

But maybe just a bit sad that fear of germs have taken over every aspect of our lives. I know they have mine.

1 comment:

La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...

Everyone got the goodie bags and I am sitting here sick with a cold. Must of not used my goodie bag enough.