Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gluten Free Meal: I know my own weaknesses.

There has been a lot of talk in the media, talk shows, magazines, etc. about gluten free foods diet. I understand that for some people, it is not an option. I am sorry for them.

I also understand that some folks have found success with children who have autism and are on a gluten free food diet. I am happy for them.

I even understand that the gluten free meal options available to folks have vastly improved over the past few years. You can even find products in your grocery store, let alone those from specialty markets and online services. Besides availability, the quality is supposedly even better thus improving the taste. And all that is great, fantastic and wonderful.

But I know my own weaknesses and I can’t do it. I truly love pastas, breads and potatoes. I am a starch/carbohydrate junkie. Take your chocolate, take your apple pie, take your ice cream (just not too far) – give me fresh baked bread, homemade lasagna, or potato chips for dessert any day of the week.

What can I say? I know what I like.

I only hope that I don’t have to eat those words in the future – no pun intended.

No comments: