Saturday, July 25, 2009

Enough is Enough

I agree with Samuel Jackson - "Enough is enough! I have had it with these m-------cking snakes."

This evening I went out on our front porch to harvest some tomatoes for dinner from my container garden. As I walked along looking at each pot and noticing how the recent rain had caused them to flourish, I stopped at the basil pot because it wasn't doing as great. I thought I should rotate it so a different side got the sun and rain, but decided to wait until after dinner - when a movement caught my eye.

There was a god---mned snake curled up in the pot around my basil plant!

What did I do?

Ran like a freakin' girl.

I don't like snakes, but I grew up on a farm and have killed my fair share with a shovel or a hoe - but it is the startle factor that pisses me off. When they show up in places they do not belong, I react like a big baby.

I went inside and told David who calmly stopped doing what he was doing, grabbed two of those "grab-its" (as seen on TV) gadgets (don't ask why we have one, not to mention two) and went out on the porch where the slimy little shit was trying to get out of the pot.

David grabbed him with one of the gadgets, but he slithered away and into the bushes. David kept digging around in the shrubs, etc., but he was gone.

And that pisses me off.

But I am impressed with my city boy husband. First, kill one with a hammer and now go digging through shrubs for another - impressive (or stupid).

2 comments:

Kim said...

I feel the same way about spiders. Luckily, we don't get snakes around here.

La Vita e BELLA - Life is Beautiful said...

Funny. Cody saw a snake the other week in our back yard and picked up our water sprinkler and threw it at the snake. Obviously the sprinkler didn't kill it.