Thursday, July 24, 2008

wonder wonder wonder

My hubby spent last weekend at WonderFest. I believe he lives and breathes for 363 days of the year just to get to those two days each year. This year it was almost six weeks later than usual so I think he was in a bit of withdrawal.



He did bring some interesting photos and stories back which I will share, but best of all he brought me a gift. And I loved it.



In fact, I asked him to get another one on the second day so I could share it with a friend that I knew would love one too.


For those of you who don't watch Battlestar Galactica, well...I don't know what to tell you.


So on to the pichazzz...

It started in the parking lot. Patriotism sci-fi style.


How cool is this? Land of the Lost was my favorite TV show as a kid. I wanted to be Holly so bad. Did you see the price tag? Wow.

My lunch boxes were Flintstones and Raggedy Ann & Andy. What about you?

Someone more talented than I carved a robot out of wood. Danger! Danger Will Robinson!


Grilled mahead mahead? Oooh that was bad. As gross as this looks, the skill and creativity in the painting and sculpting really is good.


Some people really get into the theme of things.



Recognize this guy?



Don't worry, I didn't either.

Dirk Benedict - Starbuck from the original Battlestar Galactica series. (The one on the right.)




and Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck from The A Team.



The irony is the guy on the left in the picture is Richard Hatch who played Apollo in the old Battlestar Galactica and is currently playing another character on the new Battlestar Galactica.

David said he was gonna ask Dirk why he didn't join the new cast. Apparently David and his friend were standing several feet away from the table of "stars (I use that term loosely) trying to figure out which one was Dirk because they didn't recognize any of them.

Apparently they were talking louder than they realized because finally Dirk turned to them and said "Yeah guys, it's me. Looking great after all these years."

David said he felt bad then so it didn't want to make it worse. But he did snap a shot that day and again the next.

I guess WonderFest is where sci-fi "has-beens" end up.

I am holding out for Ray Walston.

No comments: