Wednesday, July 09, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

One of the things I missed most while I was gone was cooking at home. Restaurants are fine but there's nothing like making a mess in the kitchen while creating something wonderful.

First meal back was a meal of tapas, our favorite.


In this week's farm share basket, we received green beans. I love green beans with new red potatoes and a chunk of ham simmering away for hours. But the hubby is not a fan.

So I made french fries. French fried green beans that is.

I blanched the green beans in broth for about 15 minutes. Then did a standard breading process of flour, egg wash and then bread crumbs, panko of course.

A quick minute in the deep fryer and out comes crunchy gorgeous green beans. I made a spicy wasabi dip to accompany. They were a hit.


With the "french fries", I also baked a baguette and mixed goat cheese with fig jam for a spread. And paired softened French brie with cinnamon raisin bagel chips.



Good eats.

2 comments:

Michele said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! :-) Let me know how you like my chicken salad if you decide to make it. My great grandfather used to make fried green beans. He would fry them to a crisp in about an inch of bacon grease. I miss them. Your tapas looks lovely.

Melody said...

I made it and we loved it! Who knew Cool whip could make a salad dressing?