Sunday, July 06, 2008

Last Night's Dinner

After spending two days with the parental units and working hard laying their new wood floor, we picked up the dogs from the boarders and headed home.


We were tired, dirty and hungry.


So after a quick shower and change of clothes, we headed to Seviche.

This was our first trip to this restaurant but it has been on our list to try, especially now that the have opened up a location on our end of town. It is nice that more and more restaurants realize not everyone lives in one area nor wants to fight the horrendous parking that comes with every great restaurant being on one street.


I ordered the Cadillac Margarita and let me say, I love tequila. And I can hold my liquor next to anyone. But this drink kicked my ass.



Pardon the photos, it was dark and I was using my cell phone.

With less than half of this huge glass gone, I knew I was not driving home and was a bit worried about walking out.

For appetizers we shared the Beef & Potato Empanadas that came with pico de gallo and a spicy avocado puree. These were delish.



We also shared the Pecan crusted brie with habenero jelly and fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. This was huge and wonderful. They provided a huge assortment of crackers that ranged from salty to sweet like a cookie.



The crust was sweet and nutty and the brie was yummy. The jelly was very spicy and the fruit fresh. I could have made a meal on this alone.


Fortunately, I anticipated heavy appetizers so I ordered a salad for my meal. It was spinach and roasted pear with goat cheese, walnuts and a balsamic mustard dressing. Perfect.


David had the mahi mahi tacos which considering the plate was practically licked clean, I would say he enjoyed it all.

We will be back. When I sober up.

2 comments:

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Cadillac Margarita. Yum! Anything with tequila is great. Thanks for sharing.

amandalouden said...

I love, love a good margarita!