Sunday, June 15, 2008

"They" are right.

We've all heard that you shouldn't discuss politics or religion over dinner.

Well we didn't have dinner, but over dessert at the in-laws today, we ventured down the political road. It wasn't like I didn't know better. My father-in-law is overbearing, rude, full of himself and is never wrong - typical father from "that" generation.

I know better, but couldn't help myself when every topic we discussed ended up being some politician's fault - mainly, no wait, completely Republican politician's fault.

Keep in mind that he votes a straight Democratic ticket. Draws the line and in his own words "I'd vote for Manson if he was running against a Republican".

I personally think that is the most naive way to vote, but I didn't say that...even after he said (fully knowing I am a Republican) said "anybody who voted for Bush is an idiot".

Before you jump on that statement, remember - this Republican is voting for Obama come November.

I am not party loyal - I think we need both for balance. Just as our founding fathers thought.

So after the "idiot" comment, my husband said "so, have you had enough?"

Absolutely. Happy Father's Day and let's get the hell out of here.

Now I know why he just says "nothing" when the 20 questions start.

No comments: