Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bubbly Drinks and Friends...Who Could Ask For More?

Last night some friends came over for dinner - nothing fancy, just good food, laughs, couple games of pool and....bubbles!

I made Lasagna Bolognese, Garlic Sourdough Toast, and a refreshing salad of lettuce, granny smith apples, red onions, gorgonzola cheese, and toasted pine nuts, topped with a lemon vinagrette. Yum!

This was my audience as I was preparing dinner. I loved having him in the kitchen with me - just chatting (David that is). But I don't know why he was there...he never is unless I have put him to work chopping something. I won't complain though. Murphy was just jonesin for some food.


Our friends said they would bring dessert - and boy did they. She knew the menu so she brought something light and refreshing - Grapefruit in Moscato.


You put a sugar cube in the bottom of a glass, top it with chilled pink grapefruit sections and then pour the sparkling wine over it.


It bubbles more because of the sugar (look close you can see the bubble stream coming off the sugar) and makes the grapefruit sweet as candy.


I will definitely be repeating this one

2 comments:

LisaRene said...

What a fun dessert! Your photos and presentation look much better then Martha's :)

Melody said...

Thanks! We probably had more fun than Martha too. She is a bit uptight for me.