Wednesday, October 03, 2007

New Season of Shows

The fall brings many things - cooler weather (somewhere), apples, orange leaves, and new shows to watch on television.


With our DVR we are able to see them all - whenever we find time to catch up.



Our favorites this year, thus far:


K-Ville - Though fiction, I am sure it is fairly accurate in its portrayal of New Orleans post-Katrina. Some twists and turns with the characters' back stories make it interesting.


Dirty Sexy Money - Of course we've only seen the pilot, but we like. Donald Sutherland makes a great bad guy even if you aren't sure his character is bad yet. Peter Krause delivers with a few newcomers and a Baldwin brother (just don't know which one).


Back To You - Frazier fans and Everybody Loves Raymond veterans will like this new sitcom. I love both the characters and they deliver on the comedy. The writers are doing a good job as well.


Kitchen Nightmares - We are longtime fans of Gordon Ramsey both on BBC and Hell's Kitchen. In this series, he is bringing his snarly self to America's restaurants. Watch out.


Pushing Daisies - Starts tonight - will let you know. Looks good though.


Journeyman - I'll let you know as soon as we find time to watch.



What about you? What are your new favorites?

8 comments:

nejyerf said...

i quit watching network tv. it was too painful.

i do like scrubs and the office though.

i also like project runway.

season finale of top chef tonight. i'm still rooting for hung. i think dale is going to fizzle out.

do you watch the gene simmons family jewels? surprisingly good.

and intervention on A&E.

and don't even get me started on america's next top model. every time there is marathon on i have to watch it.

i'm lame i know.

peter krause...mmmmmmmm

Melody said...

Congratulations on Hung's win. Casey did not bring her A game to the table tonight. Too bad.

Dale rocked though and I think he has found his passion again. I am happy for him.

Now we have to wait another year for the next season.

Anonymous said...

did you hear that roar? I just read what I thought was a safe post (I'm two weeks behind on top chef).
Aaaarrrgh

Melody said...

I can't believe you didn't watch it!

nejyerf said...

I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, but i was glad to see that hung won.

he so deserved it.

i can't wait to see the whole thing.

i'm off to read the blogs on bravotv.com

mistylea said...

Ugggg! Hung won?!? I fell asleep, woke up at 1:05 am and it was playing again but I fell asleep again! He was not my favorite.

MysteryGirl said...

It's hard to imagine life without a DVR now, isn't it?! Thursday is when I have my biggest conflict. Ugly Betty vs Survivor and The Office vs Grey's.
On Wed. I've been watching Private Practice and that Sexy Money show. So far both seem ok.
Monday night I've got The Bachelor.
Any suggestions for Tuesdays?

Melody said...

Tuesday: Bones, House and Boston Legal - love'em.

Also I have to confess - I love Singing Bee. Can't help it, I am a loser.

Don't forget 2 1/2 Men on Mondays!