Thursday, September 20, 2007

Score!

I love eBay. For anyone that knows me, that comes as no surprise.

I have bought and sold on eBay for almost seven years now. Sure I have had a few disappointments and run into a few assholes, but for the most part I come away with complete satisfaction.

But never more than today.

With our new house we now have a dining room. Oh glory!! A huge dining room. Which means I want - you guessed it - a huge dining room table.

It would be my dream to sit 10 people down at the same table for a meal - with matching chairs - I know, I dream big.

I have been shopping around. I have found a few tables at Ashley Furniture that I like and I like Ashley. Our leather furniture came from them as well as the current dining table set we use. But I was choking on dropping somewhere around $2,500 for a huge table with 8-10 chairs.

I have perused Craig's List with no luck. So I thought I'd try eBay. You can choose local areas to search for products so I put it at a 200 mile radius - and jackpot!

A gorgeous cherry set that comes with eight chairs and two leaves and is only a year old for.....$450!!! Can you believe it?

This is the pic that was on eBay. I'll take a better one in my own digs when it gets here. The pic shows it with one leaf in and there are two.

















It gets better. The seller lives 160 miles away and volunteered to deliver it for an additional $125. We couldn't rent a uHaul and spend five hours on the road for that kind of money.

So come Sunday afternoon - my new (to me) dining room set will be delivered.

Dinner parties just got a lot more fun to plan!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I look forward to dinner parties at that table :)

MysteryGirl said...

Wow!!!! That is incredible. I guess the seller really wants it out of the house!

mistylea said...

Very nice. Great deal!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Awesome, I'd love to be able to seat 10. My dining accommodations are the worst, I always borrow folding metal chairs from work when I have a party.

The table is gorgeous, and you have $2000 left over (that you would have spent at Ashley) to go and blow on yourself now.

Melody said...

dana: and still we forgot to set a date - geez

mysterygirl: he delivers it today so we'll get to see why - maybe

mistylea: mom would be proud

gnightgirl: remember my dinner party last year with lawnchairs in the living room? I feel your pain. There will always be something else to spend $$ on. We are currently looking for Atrium furniture. I want something cozy to curl up and read and snooze. - want want want

Melody said...

"The answer my friends, is blowing in the wind...or diapers"

They just had their third child and they are all of about 26-27. I think that explains all.